Kulin Wildflowers in October
· Look for trigger plants that are out in profusion now
· Blue & Yellow Sun Orchids are flowering now, if they are not open properly for a photo breathe on them - huff & puff , shine a torch on them or cut bottom off a plastic container and place over them - the heat will open the petals if it is slightly overcast or too early/late in the day.
· Feather flowers are magnificent in October [ August-December]small yellow in august and now fading to rusty browns - Verticordia acerosa
· Large yellow in full array till early December Verticordia chrysantha Verticordia grandiflora
· Cauliflower white open or opening - Verticordia roei
· All shades of pink-mauve - Verticordia picta - Painted Feather Flower and Verticordia insignis
· V tumida therogana V pritzelii deep pink on yellow sand
· Tall speckki jobs - Verticordia ovalifolia and Verticordia serrata continue into December
· Drop into the Corrigin Rifle Range on western edge of town - bay 3 and 4 are a riot of colour and the other bays are spectacular as well
Lots of flowers still out, especially the Dampieras, whose purple is stunning. Places to see wildflowers are The Macrocarpa Trail, Sparkes Road, Hopkins Reserve, Buckleys Breakaway and Commonwealth Road.